Our MissionExperienced instructors.
RICH’s mission is to provide high-quality educational resources, free of charge, to inner city schools in Washington, D.C. RICH operates from a pedagogical foundation that the greater a student’s academic need, the more important the experience of the teacher. RICH’s professional instructors have an average experience level of twenty years.
“Working for RICH is the most important and rewarding work I have done in a long career in education. We make a significant difference in the lives of our students.”— Barbara Taylor, RICH Tutor
“I want to personally thank you for all you have done for our school thus far. Between MATHletes and the truancy interventions, you have been a constant positive presence for our students.”— Ryan Benjamin, math department chair, Anacostia High School
Closing the Education Gap
D.C. is known as a dropout factory, with just 58% of our youth graduating from high school and fully half of these dropouts ending up in jail. Resources for Inner city CHildren wants every student to achieve academic success, graduate from high school, become a productive adult and live up to his or her potential.
In 2011-12, RICH’s educational professionals provided over 3,000 hours of instruction and mentoring to the students and teachers of the Cesar Chavez Public Charter School, the Academies at Anacostia and the Oxford Manor community in Anacostia.
RICH is also a source of information for all Washington-area residents, professionals and non-professionals alike, who want to advance the educational development of inner city children. RICH also coordinates with organizations that provide tutoring services, psychoeducational testing, college counseling, advocacy, occupational therapy and other educational resources.
- Acknowledged for “Noble Work,”
RICH Recieves Largest Donation
- Donations Now Come With a Money-Back Guarantee
- RICH’s Top Students Take a
- RICH Partners with St. Philip’s Episcopal Church
- College Trip!
- RICH’s Growing Alumni Population
- Sheryl Gilbert Chair
- RICH featured in Channel 9 News’ Hero Central: Click on the video below to learn about Anacostia High School student Demes Lewis, and his work with RICH.
- Success Marketing Looks at RICH’s SROI
- RICH Executive Director is Interviewed for Harvard EdCast, a weekly podcast on education by the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
Click here to listen
- Assessment of RICH’s Anti-Truancy Efforts Completed by GW Team
- RICH Student Profiled on
- Chavez Students Tell Us About Their Tutors
- Life in Anacostia
- The Amazing Team of Carmichael and Medley
- RICH is Featured in Friday’s Heroes Segment